Position Title: Bus Aide
Department: Transportation Department
Reports To: Director of Transportation
Contract: Remainder of the 2018-2019 School Year
Ending Date: Until filled SUMMARY
: A Bus Aide assists in providing safe and reliable transportation for special needs students. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Assist the bus driver in maintaining good student behavior.
- Assist the bus driver in maintaining a safe environment for special needs students.
- Assist in the transporting of students into and out of schools and home, delivering students into the caregivers' care.
- Assure students enter and exit the school bus in a safe and orderly manner.
- Assist students as needed in getting on and off the school bus.
- Operate a wheel chair lift and secure wheel chairs according to safety regulations.
- Assist the driver in maintaining a clean school bus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
: High school diploma or equivalency is preferred. Previous Bus Aide experience and/or experience working with disabled students preferred.
Successful completion of pre-employment background checks. Appropriate personal and professional conduct at all times around students, other staff members and the general public. Student management is a huge responsibility that aides will have to address. Student management covers everything from positive interventions to preventing bullying, harassment and/or violence. This is a major part of being a school bus aide.The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Phyllis Stewart
- 602 W. Main St.
- Jacksonville, Arkansas 72076