Nature and Scope of Job:
Under the supervision of the Principal and Lead Teacher, the Teacher Associate will provide support in all aspects of facilitating a classroom. The Teacher Associate is mentored by the Lead Teacher and assists by planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development of children within a safe, healthy learning environment.Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Support instruction in the classroom for whole groups, small groups, and individual students.
- Work cooperatively with Lead Teacher and grade level team to assist in implementing a strong, engaging, integrated and appropriate curriculum.
- Assist the grade level team in planning developmentally appropriate lessons that meet the needs of our diverse learners.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with families to ensure consistency between home and school in order to promote student success.
- Assist in maintaining a classroom environment conducive to effective learning.
- Maintain ongoing professional development.
- Provide support during other times of the day, including but not limited to leading instruction and providing supervision during recess, lunch, and hallway.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice from the Principal.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field required.
- Minimum 2 years of classroom experience.
- Hold a valid NJ State Teacher Certification or NJ Substitute Certification.
- Commitment to ensuring academic success for all students.
- Shared dedication to Philip's Academy's philosophy and mission.
- Excellent teamwork, work ethic, and organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively in English, both orally and verbally. Bilingual a plus.
- Possess excellent integrity, a gentle spirit, and demonstrate strong moral character and initiative.
- Demonstrate technological abilities: word processing, data management, and informational retrieval.
- Submit a background checks through the New Jersey Department of Education.
- Be CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogen certified or obtain certification upon hire.
- Complete a Tuberculosis test and physical and provide a physician's documentation of both.
- Be able to kneel, bend, squat, lift, push, pull, and carry students up to 70lbs.
- Have dependable transportation.
Philip's Academy Charter Schools provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA Contact Information
- Sydney Williams
- 342 Central Avenue
- Newark, New Jersey 07103