Building LevelReports To:
Principal or Appropriate SupervisorContract:
2019-20 School Year (244 Days)Closing:
Until Filled SUMMARY:
The custodian is responsible for proper maintenance of the school or facility to ensure the exterior and interior environment is safe, secure, and aesthetically attractive. The custodian supports operations by performing cleaning duties, minor repairs and general maintenance.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Keeps building and premises, including sidewalks, driveways, and play areas clean, safe and neat at all times.
- Cleans, dust mops, scrubs and waxes floors with use of appropriate equipment (i.e., scrubber, buffer, etc.) as needed to protect floor finish.
- Cleans cafeteria floors of any spills and/or debris, and properly disposes of refuse. Custodians will routinely break down cafeteria tables/benches for cleaning in between table/bench tops, sides, legs and underside of each. Tables/benches will be cleaned during summer cleaning, breaks, and as determined by the supervisor.
- Cleans and vacuums carpeted surfaces.
- Spot cleans and scrubs walls.
- Performs high and low dusting.
- Empties wastebaskets and properly disposes of refuse.
- Cleans, scrubs and disinfects bath and shower room areas, including walls, sinks, bowls and glass mirrors. Stocks toilet paper and towel dispensers.
- Changes light bulbs.
- Cleans and disinfects water fountains.
- Cleans, and disinfects as needed, chairs and desks in classrooms and office areas.
- Cleans glass in windows and doors both on the inside and outside.
- Moves furniture/equipment within buildings and sets up cafeteria for lunch and programs as required for various activities and as directed by the principal or supervisor.
- Maintains cleanliness in classrooms, cafeteria, restrooms, locker rooms, office area, gym, and auditoriums.
- Maintains cleanliness in hallways and entrances.
- Maintains cleanliness around the exterior of the building
- Complies with District policy, local, state, and federal laws and procedures for the use, storage, and disposal of waste, cleaners, chemicals, and all other products and materials used in performing required duties.
- Assists in maintaining a proper inventory of supplies.
- Performs all work assigned in a safe manner using all safety equipment when required and maintains all tools in safe operating condition.
- Completes work assignments professionally and in a timely manner.
- Informs supervisors and principal of equipment failure, needed repairs and building maintenance concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma/GED preferred. Previous experience in custodial work and minor repair/maintenance.
The Jacksonville North Pulaski School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
It is the policy of the Jacksonville North Pulaski School District not to discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin or disability in its educational programs, activities or employment practices.
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Tiffany Bone
- 1414 W Main Street
- Jacksonville, Arkansas 72206