- High School graduate, or GED.
- Must maintain a valid Washington State Drivers License.
- Must get and maintain a valid pesticide license within 6 months of hire date.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have enough of an understanding of the English language to be able to read and write.
- Must have or obtain a CDL Class B with School Bus Endorsement within 6 months of hire date.
Terms of Employment
- Changing and cleaning filters on HVAC equipment, water systems, and exhaust.
- Greasing and cleaning motors, squirrel cages and exhaust fans.
- Monitoring fire alarm systems.
- Maintaining of glycol and hot water systems.
- Maintaining of bleachers and playground equipment.
- Monitoring of emergency lighting systems and battery backup systems.
- Stripping and refinishing both wood and metal doors.
- Painting interior and exterior walls of all textures and compositions.
- Sandblasting and use of painting equipment.
- Assist with concrete work, plumbing, and minor carpenter work.
- Cut lawns using power mower or tractor operated mower. Trims and edges sidewalks, flower beds, and walks using weed-eater, clippers or edger. Prunes trees, shrubs, to shape or improve growth, using shears, loppers, trimmer or extension pruning equipment.
- Sprays lawns, trees, shrubs with hand sprayer or tractor operated spray equipment. Fertilizes lawns, trees and shrubs using hand spreader or tractor operated spreader.
- Rakes and burns sagebrush leaves etc. Picks up litter using spiked stick, shovel or broom. Plants flowers, grass, shrubs and trees. Keep weeds under control.
- Removes snow from driveways and sidewalks using tractor operated blade. Spreads ice-melt or sand etc. for ice control on sidewalks, driveways, etc.
- Waters lawns, trees, shrubs or flowers using hose, underground sprinkler system or hand-line (must know how to operate 15-25 hp irrigation pumps). Set irrigation clock (timer).
- Cleans culverts and ditches.
- Helps with athletic fields; variety of tasks, helping to line fields, moving equipment etc. as requested.
- Assist with substitute bus driving as needed.
- Assist with setting up for school and community events.
- Be available to repond to fire alarms
- Other duties as assigned.
Starting Date: 2019-20 School Year
Salary: Per PSE Salary Schedule
Shift: 8 hours per day, Monday-Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.NONDISCRIMINATION
The Royal School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employee has been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator, Effie Dean, Assistant Superintendent, 901 Ahlers Road, Royal City, WA 99357, (509) 346-2222, [email protected]
Job Categories: Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance Contact Information
- Lara Synder
- PO BOX 486 Royal City, WA 99357
- Royal City, Washington 99357