- Valid Mississippi teaching license with endorsement in teaching assignment area
- Bachelor's or higher degree
Children enrolled in his/her classes as assigned by the building principal; his/her assigned
teacher assistant and/or volunteers
The basic function of this position is to lead students toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional, and psychological growth so that they have the opportunity to become productive citizens in our society.
- Instructs assigned students in the location and at the times designated by the principal.
- Plans a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity, interests and abilities of students.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of established district/state curriculum goals and benchmarks; establishes and communicates clear objectives to the students for all lessons, units, and projects.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques, strategies, and media that are most appropriate for meeting the needs of the students.
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis; provides progress reports as required; communicates with parents about students' progress.
- Identifies learning problems of individual student and notifies student assistance team
in a timely manner.
- Assists administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student conduct.
- Develops reasonable rules for classroom behavior and procedures; maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administrative regulation.
- Maintains an ongoing program of professional growth that satisfies district/state requirements as well as satisfying personal expectations as a professional.
- Attends building and district meetings to promote communication, collaboration, and mutual decision-making among the staff.
- Responsible for insuring that the district's fixed asset procedures are followed.
- Serves on committees that enhance instruction, safety, and/or community partnerships.
- Attends established school-sponsored activities (e.g. Back-to-School Night) outside the instructional day as required under reasonable terms.
- Performs other duties as requested or assigned. Assists in the fostering and promotion of a positive school climate.
- Maintains a professional demeanor during all interactions between colleagues, parents, students and administration.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's policy on evaluation of personnel.
Job Category: Special Education > General Special Education Contact Information
- Sharon Harris
- 13192 Highway 18
- Raymond, Mississippi 39154