Position contingent upon availability of funding/ programming
REPORTS TO: Principal/Nursing Supervisor
SALARY: RN Substitute salary schedule
WORK SCHEDULE: To be arranged with the Principal and the Nursing Supervisor of Nursing (In accordance with contract
1. Assess and evaluates students health pertinent family history and home factors, counsel students, parents and school personnel about health problems and issues.
2. Maintain a health records, conduct, require research and evaluate school health programs.
3. Notify appropriate individuals of immediate and potential health related problems.
4. Coordinate health resources of school, home, community and allied health agencies/hospitals by making necessary arrangements, maintaining records, notifying and counseling students, parents/guardians and health personnel
5. Prepares regular written reports for supervisor, MDPH and other relevant agencies
6. Develops an individual health care plan as needed and coordinates with the other providers and school personnel
7. Documents pertinent information in student records according to the Standards of Practice
8. Provides emergency care for all students on school premises in the event of injury or sudden illness
9. Medication administration to students with parent/guardian and physician consent
10. Perform site mandated screenings in vision, hearing, scoliosis, TB testing and other health related activities as deemed appropriate by state and city departments of public health
11. Provide information about health and disease prevention in cooperation with health education programs as requested by administrators
12. Participates in school health related activities as deemed appropriate for school nurse by principal/supervisor
13. Acts as a resource in health education to students and families
14. Initiate, promote, maintain and implement programs for the recognition, prevent and control of disease, including giving immunizations.
15. Collaborate with staff in school and health centers.
16. Sport Physical clearance coverage as needed.
Must have a current valid, license to practice as a Nurse in Massachusetts.
Have three years of responsible professional experience in school nursing or a related field preferred.
Current certification in cardio-pulmonary resuscitation
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Student Services > School Nurse Welcome to Springfield Public Schools!
Thank you for your interest in the Springfield Public Schools. The Springfield Public School district is committed to hiring a diverse pool of qualified educators, administrators, and non-instructional support staff. The Springfield Public Schools is a large and diverse urban district with over 4,800 employees. We serve over 25,000 students in 52 schools. The district has a highly committed staff, a strong school committee, and very supportive community partnerships. The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency will ensure the delivery of an educational experience in which all learners achieve success. Springfield is proud to offer some of the most progressive educational programming in the nation, including specialized magnet schools at the elementary, middle and high school levels. Springfield offers the International Baccalaureate program, Montessori, STEM, Expeditionary Learning Schools, and non-traditional educational programs. Be part of The Springfield Promise--If you are committed to fostering excellence in all students, effective in enabling your students to achieve high levels of academic success, like to work collaboratively as part of a team, have strong content and pedagogical knowledge, and embrace and value diversity-- The Springfield Public Schools is the place for you. VISION : The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency MISSION To provide the highest quality of education so that all of our students are empowered to realize their full?potential and lead fulfilling lives as lifelong learners, responsible citizens and leaders in the 21st Century. STRATEGIC PRIORITIES To accomplish this work, it will take the support and assistance of everyone: students, parents, teachers, support staff, administrators and the community. Through an aligned management system, each of the following strategic priorities will serve to help ensure system?wide accountability: • High Academic Achievement For 21st Century Success • Safe Learning and Working Environment • Highly Qualified and Effective Staff • Effective Parent and Community Partnerships • Appropriate Use of Resources and Equitable Funding • Accountable Leadership • Effective Communications CORE VALUES • Our Students Will Always Come First • Teamwork, Trust and Mutual Respect are Expected • Everyone will Share in the Accountability • Our Core Business is Teaching and Learning • Parents and Community are our Partners THEORY OF ACTION If WE are clear in our expectations, focus on the instructional core, provide appropriate support, monitor performance with shared accountability? Then... WE will dramatically improve student achievement and close the achievement gap. The Springfield Promise: A Culture of Equity and Proficiency. Raise the Bar and Close the Gap Learn more about us...Equal Opportunity Employer
The Springfield Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, age, handicap, or military service, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Application Questions
There are no application questions required for this job posting.Contact Information
- Human Resources
- Springfield Public Schools
- Springfield, Massachusetts 01103