Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.QUALIFICATIONS:Education/Certification:
- Master's degree or higher from a recognized, accredited college or university
- A minimum of 18 graduate hours in Sociology from a recognized, accredited college or university
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned
- Demonstrated competency in the academic subject area assigned
- [Physical Education Teachers: Must be willing to obtain and maintain a current automated external defibrillator (AED) and CPR certificate]
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
Probationary/Term Contract: 187 daysSALARY:
Pay Grade T60 (Teacher Classification) as approved by the Board of Trusteeshttp://www.cfisd.net/en/job-seekers/why-cfisd/teacher-hiring-schedule/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Attendance
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential job function
Student Growth and Development
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district's curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual student differences.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP). Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
Classroom Management and Organization
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for approved extracurricular activities or outside activities for which you are the sponsor.
- Be a positive role model for students; support mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
Professional Growth and Development
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
- Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Direct the work of instructional aide(s), if assigned.MENTAL DEMANDS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS:
- Tools/Equipment Used: Personal computer and peripherals; standard instructional equipment; [Physical Education Teachers: Must be willing to obtain and maintain a current automated external defibrillator (AED) and CPR certificate]
- Posture: Prolonged standing; frequent kneeling/squatting, bending/stooping, pushing/pulling, and twisting
- Motion: Frequent walking
- Lifting: Regular light lifting and carrying (less than 15 pounds); may lift and move text books and classroom equipment
- Environment: Work inside, may work outside; regular exposure to noise
- Mental Demands: Maintain emotional control under stress; work prolonged or irregular hours
Applications will be reviewed.
Not all applicants will be interviewed.
Hiring Managers may choose to email you regarding this application. Please monitor your email regularly for any communication.BECOME A TEACHER IN TEXAS:http://www.cfisd.net/en/job-seekers/career-opportunities/become-teacher/Contact Information