Full-Time and Permanent; Non-Exempt; 8 Hours/Day; 252 Days/Year; 12 Months/Year; Grade: MMGeneral Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing a variety of skilled master/journey level work at the HVAC trades series. Required to perform maintenance and repairs on chillers, cooling towers, gas fired package units, split system a/c and heat pumps, circulators, ice machines, watercoolers, PTAC and window units. Order, procure, and assemble parts and materials from distributors to complete job tasks. Required to work independently and with other peers in multiple job scenarios. Must be able to manage multiple work orders and utilize priorities. Responsible for individual management of credit cards and record keeping of all financial transactions.Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver's license. Graduation from an accredited apprenticeship or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires five (5) years of customer service experience and a minimum of four (4) years of work experience in the trade. Requires a universal (Type 1, 2, and 3) Refrigerant Recovery Certification, Master/Journey Mechanical License. Essential Job Functions
- Oversees and participates in the work of a small group of technicians engaged in performing a variety of skilled journey level HVAC/R duties on the interior and exterior of buildings.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains commercial non-boiler fired heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment/systems in accordance with building, mechanical, plumbing, fire and electrical codes and other federal, state and local safety or engineering guidelines.
- Troubleshoots, tests, repairs, installs, maintains, or modifies HVAC/R equipment/systems (up to 720 tons) , including, but not limited to, piping, tubing and related refrigerant and natural gas pressure systems, duct work ( high and low pressure) electrical and gas control panels.
- Performs maintenance on chillers, cooling towers, and circulating pumps in both open and closed loop systems.
- Analyze/troubleshoot computer microprocessor controls for chillers, heat pumps, natural gas fired roof top and air handler equipment.
- Operate and maintain a variety of hand tools and power tools including, voltage, ohm and amperage meters, temperature and humidity test equipment, refrigerant and natural leak detection equipment, manometers, pressure gauges, refrigerant recovery and charging equipment, oxygen/acetylene brazing, arc and gas welding ,equipment , reciprocating saws, grinders, drill presses and pipe threading equipment.
- Requires the use of a variety of ladders, scaffolding and commercial lifts.
- Ensures proper maintenance of tools and other electrical equipment; ensures safety of the work area.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Job Category: Support Staff > Maintenance Contact Information
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk, Virginia 23510