Full-Time and Permanent; Non-Exempt; 8 Hours/Day; 252 Days/Year; 12 Months/Year; Grade: EEGeneral Responsibilities
This position is responsible for performing routine maintenance, service and repairs on school buses and other vehicles. Maintenance and repairs are completed according to specific departmental procedures and guidelines. Work is performed under the direct supervision of the Automotive Technician and/or the Garage Supervisor. Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma; supplemented by basic training in automotive repair and maintenance; to include some experience in truck maintenance. Must possess a CDL with a school bus endorsement, within ninety (90) days of employment. Essential Job Functions
- Dispenses gas, and checks/adds oil to engines and automotive transmissions.
- Removes, repairs, and replaces tires on school buses and other vehicles.
- Performs routine maintenance checks on vehicles including inspecting radiators, batteries, and other components.
- Performs minor repairs to radiators, batteries, and other components as needed.
- Reports problems to supervisor.
- Repairs or replaces brakes, performs tune-ups, and assists with major repairs under close supervision and instruction from mechanics.
- Keeps daily records of gas, diesel fuel, oil and other materials as required.
- Performs general housekeeping duties around the shop and parking lot; to include routine maintenance and upkeep of the shop area.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Job Categories: Career Education > Automotive Body Repair
Career Education > Automotive Mechanics Contact Information
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk, Virginia 23510