Full-Time and Permanent; Non-Exempt; 7 Hours/Day; 195 Days/Day; 10 Months /Year; Grade: AA General Responsibilities
This position is responsible for light to moderate cleaning of designated school building areas; to include cleaning classrooms, school offices, restrooms, cafeterias, hallways, and other areas as assigned. Duties may include cleaning in central school facilities such as transportation, child nutrition facilities, or the central administration building. Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma, one ( 1 ) year of related custodial experience and two (2) years of customer service experience; or an equivalent combination of education. Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for sweeping and dry mopping floors.
• Vacuums carpeting; removes spots and stains.
• Washes windows and walls; dusts and polishes furniture; scrubs and washes kitchen fixtures; cleans blinds.
• Dusts woodwor k, furniture, and other furnishings .
• Cleans restrooms; replaces toilet paper and soap; washes and polishes bathroom fixtures.
• Picks up paper and debris in the building and on the grounds.
• Replaces light bulbs as required.
• Cleans and mops kitchen area.
• Folds and unfolds chairs.
• Responsible for moving furniture.
• Wash, dry, and folds table cloths and towels.
• Transports, empties and cleans large trash containers into outdoor units.
• Maintains equipment and materials used in the work.
• Locks and unlocks doors, checks the security of buildings and grounds, activates the alarm system, lowers flags.
• Work is performed under the dire ct and general supervision of the Building Supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk, Virginia 23510