Full-Time; Non-Exempt; 8 Hours/Day; 252 Days/Year; 12 Months/Year; Grade: BBGeneral Responsibilities
This position is responsible for light to moderate, and heavy cleaning and custodial work during an assigned shift; to include janitorial and minor maintenance on HVAC units. This job also requires moving furniture which may include loading and unloading trucks as needed.Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma and one (2) years of related custodial experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for sweeping, mopping, polishing and stripping floors.
- Cleans restrooms and replaces toilet paper and soap.
- Responsible for washing and polishing furniture.
- Cleans the kitchen area and boiler room.
- Cleans exterior and interior windows, blinds, fixtures, walls, and other furnishings.
- Responsible for routine and preventative maintenance of major equipment in a school building.
- Responsible for repairing and cleaning the boiler and fire tubes at regular intervals.
- Checks air-conditioning and heating equipment for proper operation maintenance; to include changing and cleaning filters.
- Repairs defective flush-valves, light switches, door locks, performs routine painting, replaces light bulbs and window panes as required.
- Responsible for trimming hedges and small trees; cleans and maintains trails;
- Responsible for debris removal.
- Picks up paper and debris in the building and on the grounds, and transports and empties large trash containers into outdoor units, sweeps sidewalks.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more.
- Responsible for moving furniture, equipment, boxed textbooks, and other supplies.
- Assists with loading and unloading trucks.
- Monitors and stocks the supply room; to include delivering packages.
- Locks and unlocks doors, checks the security of buildings and grounds, activates the alarm system, lowers flags.
- Participates in snow removal.
- Work is performed under the direct and general supervision of the Building Supervisor and Senior Custodian.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk, Virginia 23510