This is a part-time, temporary position with no benefits.General Responsibilities
This position is responsible for monitoring student behavior during meal service. Assists with the cleanliness of the cafeteria; to include recycling and assisting with the flow of meal services during breakfast and lunch. Work is performed under the general supervision of the principal with consultation from the School Nutrition Senior Director and Manager.Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma and one year of customer service experience; to include some experience in food service or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires a current Food Handler's card issued by the Norfolk Health Department.Essential Job Functions
- Manages students during meal service (behavior problems will be referred to the teacher or principal according to guidelines established by the individual school site).
- Communicates with students and school staff in a positive and professional manner utilizing appropriate customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Circulates throughout the cafeteria or in areas where meals are served and/or eaten assisting students as needed.
- Sanitizes tables before lunch, clean up spills on tables when necessary during lunch, and notify custodian for floor spills.
- Sets up items needed to start meal service.
- Dismisses classes in an orderly manner at the scheduled time.
- Encourages good table manners.
- Participates in training sessions, meetings, and scheduled cleaning days as requested.
Job Category: Support Staff > Food Service Contact Information
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk, Virginia 23510