Full-Time and Permanent; Non-Exempt; 5 Hours/Day; 186 Days/Year; 10 Months/Year; Grade: AAGeneral Responsibilities
This position is responsible for proving support to various food service personnel within the cafeteria. This position also requires food preparation and catering activities; to include transporting food, equipment and other materials to various locations within the school setting. Responsible for cleaning kitchen equipment and may operate a cash register. Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience
Requires food service experience and customer service experience. Any equivalent combination of education and experience.Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for preparing, cooking and serving food items in a school cafeteria.
- Ensures the proper cleaning and sanitizing of all equipment, dishes and cooking utensils.
- Responsible for serving a large quantity of meals within specified time frames.
- Assists the cafeteria managers in their absence.
- May conduct training with various staff.
- Requires loading and unloading of food products in the kitchen.
- Serves food along the serving line during breakfast and lunch, and inventories remaining food.
- May operate point of sale system for the serving line.
- Responsible for operating a cash register with accuracy; to include balancing a cash drawer.
- Maintains an accurate account of meals served in the required categories.
- Operates a dishwasher; ensures that trays are properly washed and sanitized and returned to the serving line.
- Cleans tables; sweeps and mops kitchen floors; cleans kitchen appliances.
- Assists with training and coaching various staff members.
- Performs additional duties as required or assigned.
- Work is performed under general supervision of a principal according to established procedures.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk, Virginia 23510