Provide the special education department staff with assistance in developing behavior-management plans and recommending specific instructional strategies for students.COMMITMENT TO EQUITY:
The Bellevue School District is committed to a diverse workforce representative of our students, one that embraces and models cultural competency as an international community.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
(These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
• Develop and facilitate 504 Plans for students requiring accommodations in the regular program.
• Conduct assessments, analyze data, conduct observations, report data to team members, and write psychological evaluation.
• Serve as a member of the school multi-disciplinary team for the identification of special needs students and the development of interventions to address those needs.
• Provide individual counseling and group guidance/counseling for students.
• Serve as a consultant to school staff and parents on student issues.
• Consult with parents and teachers regarding assessment results and problems related to student's school adjustments and performance and recommend specific instructional strategies.REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
• Reports directly to and is supervised by the Special Education SupervisorEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
(positions in this class typically require):Required:
• ESA certification as a School Psychologist.Prefered:
• Experience working in a multi-cultural environment preferred.SKILLS
(position requirements at entry):
• Strong oral and non-verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to perform all duties in accordance with applicable board policies and district and legal requirements.
• Ability to meet and maintain punctuality and attendance expectations.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Positions in this class typically require: stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, finger dexterity, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing, and repetitive motions. This position may be exposed to prolonged exposure to visual display terminals as required.
Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, odors, chemicals, extreme temperatures, inadequate lighting, workspace restrictions, and intense noises.CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Certificated staff work the school year contract with placement on the District and BEA bargaining agreement salary schedule. Placement on the schedule is determined by training and experience. Benefits include retirement, medical, dental and other benefits, according to Board policy and contract specifications.NOTE:
The above job description is intended to represent only the key areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the business needs of the department.
Verification of identity and United States work authorization must be completed. The successful candidate for this position must be fingerprinted. Employment is contingent upon clearance by Washington State Patrol and Federal Bureau of Investigation.Bellevue School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Title IX Coordinator: Jeff Lowell, 425-456-4010 or [email protected]; Section 504/ADA Coordinator: Heather Edlund, 425-456-4156 or [email protected]; Civil Rights/Nondiscrimination Compliance Coordinator Alexa Allman 425-456-4040 or [email protected] Address for all three: 12111 NE 1st St., Bellevue, WA 98005.
Job Category: Student Services > Psychologist Contact Information
- Alex Nicoara, Benefits Specialist
- 12111 NE 1st St
- Bellevue, Washington 98005-3183
- Phone: (425) 456-4076
- Fax: 425-456-4078
- Email: click here