4552Position Control: Department:
Academic Support ProgramsAccountable To:
KidSpace CoordinatorFLSA Status:
July 30, 2018Summary:
In general, direction, incumbent(s) assists with implementing, assessing, creating lessons, instructing and maintaining positive behavior for students in the KidSpace Program.Essential Functions:
- Assists KidSpace Site Coordinator and Instructional assistants with the implementation of KidSpace standards, regulations, District procedures and other requirements of the KidSpace Program. Maintains all necessary documentation to demonstrate compliance with KidSpace performance standards.
- Maintains positive communication and relationships with parents to encourage meaningful participation in the program.
- Assists the KidSpace Site Coordinator in creating lesson plans, securing the needed supplies and materials and facilitating the activities.
- Observes students and participates in developmentally appropriate activities.
- Works cooperatively with identified disabilities service support staff in the provision of direct services and the developmental goals for children with disabilities.
- Maintains program supplies materials and equipment.
- Assists in maintaining standards of acceptable behavior for children using positive methods, which support the child's self-esteem.
- Helps with development of special care plans to meet the special education needs of students.
- Attends required training to meet KidSpace requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must meet the following required qualifications. Verification of these required qualifications is necessary.
- Possession of valid High School diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.) prior to hire;
- One year of experience in a similar field;
- Three credit hours or more in child development or closely related field or 30 documented training hours;
- Possession of valid Fingerprint clearance card;
- Possession of TB testing clearance prior to hire;
- Possession of a valid Arizona Driver's License;
- Possession of valid First Aid Certification within the first 30 days of hire;
- Possession of valid CPR Certification within the first 30 days of hire;
- Possession of valid Arizona Food Handlers Card within the first 30 days of hire.
It is preferred that applicant possesses the following preferred qualifications; however, the following qualifications are not required to be eligible for this position.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Associate of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education, Child development, Education or closely related field;
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications for this job description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Skills required, but not limited to, for this position include:
- Using computer software applications;
- Applying finance and budgetary applications;
- Organizing program management;
- Inspiring and sustaining ongoing school/department improvement that is focused on student learning;
- Being accessible to and visible in schools, community, and district;
- Implementing best practice associated with extracurricular programs;
- Encouraging the use of the principles of child growth and development as they relate to children's needs;
- Knowing safety and health issues;
- Ensuring that curriculum and instructional practices are responsive to community;
- Utilizing Business English, punctuation, grammar and spelling;
- Complying with applicable federal, state, and local laws;
- Complying with Governing Board policies and regulations;
- Demonstrating and modeling active listening skills;
- Using positive non-verbal communication to impact personal image and the image of the district;
- Involving stakeholders in decisions and applying the appropriate group processes;
- Resolving conflict appropriately;
- Using the process of consensus as a strategy for decision making;
- Motivating others to achieve intended outcomes;
- Generating the support needed to provide the best extracurricular programs;
- Engaging and encouraging communication skills while interacting with supervisors, staff, students, etc. to exchange information.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.Working Conditions:
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Contact Information
- Lydia Garcia
- 4650 W Sweetwater Ave
- Glendale, Arizona 85304