- 2 hrs/day
- Effective asap
Supports the school district in ensuring a safe, orderly, and clean environment by monitoring the lunchroom and the students while maintaining confidentiality.
Duties and Responsibilities
These duties and responsibilities are judged to be "essential functions" in terms of the Americans With Disabilities Act or ADA
- Supervises and monitors students in the lunchroom and playground before, during, and after lunchtime.
- Ensures that students comply with school rules and communicates with students to monitor behavior while in the lunchroom.
- Assist students with opening food items, microwave student lunches, handing out napkins, straws, eating utensils, etc.
- Wash tables during and after lunchtime.
- Must be on time at the lunchroom.
- Communicate with community, staff, and students to answer questions, disseminate or explain information.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person in this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties that may be performed by such a person.
Education, Experiences, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
(To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
This position requires high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Knowledge of school policies and safety regulations, required.
- Good communication skills, required.
- Ability to be caring, understanding, and friendly towards students, required.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, required.
- Ability to read and interpret school policies and handbook, required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, staff and community, required.
- Ability to write simple routine reports, required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk, hear and see. The employee is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The noise level in the work environment is loud to very loud.
The qualifications listed above are guidelines for selection purposes; alternative qualifications may be substituted if sufficient to perform the duties of the job.
Title: Lunchroom Monitor/Floater - Grade 1 FLSA: Non- Exempt
Reports to: Principal Updated:June 2018
It is the policy of Chippewa Valley Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex (including but not limited to sexual orientation, gender identity), religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, height, weight, genetics, or marital status in its programs, services, activities, or employment. Inquiries related to nondiscrimination policies, questions, concerns or to file a complaint should be directed to: Civil Rights and Title IX Coordinator, Director of Human Resources, Chippewa Valley Schools Administration, 19120 Cass Avenue, Clinton Township, MI 48038 Phone: 586-723-2090 Email: [email protected]
/ Nondiscrimination inquiries related to disability should be directed to: Section 504 Coordinator, Director of Special Services, (same address) Phone: 586-723-2180 Email: [email protected]
. Persons with disabilities needing accommodations for employment must notify Chippewa Valley Schools of their need in writing within 182 days. Civil Rights and Title IX inquiries can also be directed to the Department of Civil Rights at (800)482-3604 or [email protected]
. Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Dawn Leone
- 19120 Cass Avenue
- Clinton Township, Michigan 48038