Position is responsible for preparation and serving of food, cleaning kitchen equipment and facility, and other duties designated by the manager. Essential Duties
Follows procedures in food preparation, use and care of equipment, and personal habits to assure that sanitation standards are met as required by the Child Nutrition Services Office and Virginia Department of Health.Follows standards of safety in preparing, storing and serving food as required by the Child Nutrition Services Office and Virginia Department of Health.Serves customers promptly and courteously using correct portion sizes; serves food that is attractive and appealing; maintains temperature of food on serving line and keep line clean at all times.Processes customers promptly and accurately, paying close attention not to divulge student's lunch status; must have the ability to accurately count money, make change, and count drawer out at the end of day.Operates the dish-room, rinses trays and utensils and washes by sending through dish machine; checks trays and utensils for cleanliness before returning them to the lines; cleans area including inside of dish machine; may be assigned to dispose of trash.Cleans assigned work area to include but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, cleaning walls, ovens, mixers, tables, steamer, kettle, dish machine, warmer and utensils.Maintains required forms and records as assigned by the manager.Attends job related training classes and workshops.Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.) Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Ability to read and write in English and follow written and oral instructions.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain a Food Handlers card.
- Follows dress code as outlined in the Child Nutrition Services Handbook.
- Desire to put forth best effort in all assigned duties.
- Ability to follow safety precautions to avoid injuries of minor cuts, falls, bruises, burns and scalds.
- Ability to complete written forms and records.
For a complete job description visit http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/Child_Nutr_Employee.pdf
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Type: Not provided
0 Contact Information
- Leslie Rogers, Human Resource Supervisor
- 12507 Warwick Boulevard
- Newport News, Virginia 23606