Title: Maintenance III - PlumberReports To: Position Purpose:
To keep the district's facilities maintained and operational so they present no problems or interruptions to the education program.Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a course of study in plumbing from a high school, trade, or technical school, and a minimum of 2 years experience as a plumber. Any equivalent experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be taken under consideration.
- Backflow Prevention certification must be obtained within 2 years of employment.
- Experience and training in plumbing, lawn and irrigation, pumps, steam traps, boiler repair, food service equipment repair, etc. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as determined to be appropriate and acceptable.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver license and possess a good driving record.
- Knowledge of steam, water, and natural gas distribution systems maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of standard practices, tools, and terminology in plumbing, refrigeration, air conditioning, heating, electronics, and other assigned skill areas.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards, safety precautions, hazardous materials, and proper ways necessary to perform the assigned tasks.
- Ability to design or modify compoonents to meet job requirements in the assigned skill areas.
- Ability to work in varied weather and temperature conditions.
- Ability to work from heights and in confined areas.
- Knowledge of colors.
- Ability to perform work independently according to prescribed standards and procedures with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Dependability and the ability to get along with others.
(The incumbent may be required to use the below requirements during any part of the working day.)
This position is classified as heavy work (level 4), which entails the following: exerting 50 to 100 pounds occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds constantly.Performance Responsibilities:
Terms of Employment:
- Install, repair, service, and maintain various types of plumbing, piping, and mechanical systems.
- Respond to work requests in a professional and timely manner.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
12 months; salary and work year to be determined by the Board of Education.Evaluation:
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the board policy on evaluation of Classified PersonnelSignificant associations:
The performance responsibilities are not limited to those outlined in this description and may include any other responsibilities as assigned by the administrator/supervisor
Job Categories: Support Staff > Custodian
Support Staff > Maintenance Contact Information
- Rebecca Dortch
- 624 SW 24th Street
- Topeka, Kansas 66611