• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Regular work attendance is essential.
• Evidence of good mental and physical health.
• Training in health care related field helpful.
• Follow written and oral directions to carry out educational programs of students.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.OTHER INFORMATION
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 duty days
Salary Schedule: $13.04 per hour - full time
Hours to Work: 7.0 hours per day, Monday - FridayRESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist classroom teacher to carry out educational programs for mentally handicapped students.
• Assist or directly carry out educational activities designed by teacher and support personnel; i.e., Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist and Speech Language Therapist.
• Maintain immaculate cleanliness standards in classrooms and restrooms.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position.
• Help prepare instructional materials required for classrooms.
• Assist students transported in vans.
• Record information on data sheets.
• Carry out behavior programs as planned by professional staff.
• Ability to physically lift a student, participate in a two-person lift or operate a hoyer lift.
• Assist or directly carry out educational activities designed by teacher and support personnel; i.e.,OT,PT,Speech Pathologist, etc
• Assist students with toileting needs and diaper changing.
• Carry out self-care programs with students including feeding, tooth brushing and grooming.
• Ability to assist students in completion of a wide range of academic subjects and levels.
• Maintain good interpersonal relations with peers and a wide variety of professional staff affiliated with program.
• Main confidentiality.
• Interact/communicate with students as directed by professional staff.
• Must be able to travel to different schools as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Welcome to Omaha Public Schools!
WHY OMAHA? Omaha, nestled in the central mid-west has a strong and vibrant business community and the city is home to five Fortune 500 companies. In 2008, Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine named Omaha the nation's third best city to live, work and play. One voice united for strong economic growth, new jobs and investment, and widespread prosperity throughout Greater Omaha. GET TO KNOW GREATER OMAHA Welcome to a proud, progressive and vibrant metropolitan area, a nine-county region that is future-focused but firmly rooted in a heritage of hard work and hospitality. Anchored by the city of Omaha and its more than 419,000 people, the Greater Omaha region (Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders and Washington counties in Nebraska, and Harrison, Mills and Pottawattamie counties in Iowa) boasts a combined population of more than 925,000 and a set of attributes that allows businesses large and small to thrive! Consider our top 10 reasons Greater Omaha is right for your business and you! 1.Lower cost of doing business 2.Available, reliable utilities 3.Educated, motivated and affordable workforce 4.Save on real estate costs 5.Lower cost of living 6.Omaha is the hub of the nation's fiber connectivity 7.Pro-business climate 8.Strategic, central location 9.Stable, healthy economy 10.Business incentives that reward performance Take a look at what Omaha has to offer! Learn more about us...Contact Information
- OPS Human Resources
- 3215 Cuming Street
- Omaha, Nebraska 68131-2021