COACH POSITION: Football - Assistant Coach (Fall) Salary
: Per the negotiated agreement General Functions:
- Supports the High School in all of its athletic programs and demonstrates commitment to strengthen relations withthe educational system as well as the coaching profession.
- Supports the head coach in conducting the athletic program of that particular sport.
- Knowledgeable and aware of rules and regulations concerning his/her sport.
- Assumes any duties assigned to him/her by the head coach pertaining to the overall athletic program of that particular sport and assumes responsibilities of the head coach in the absence of the head coach.
- Assists and be accountable to the head coach, athletic director, and principal.
- Accompanies and directs the assigned team to all games and practices.
- Holds a current first aid and CPR card.
- Keeps current on all clock hours depending on coaching level.
- Exemplifies good sportsmanship and is held to the same sportsmanship expectations as the head coach.
- Instructs students in the fundamentals of the sport s/he is coaching.
- Maintains facilities and equipment.
- Supervises team players at practice, contests, in locker room and during travel.
- Promotes sportsmanship and fair play among all teams and players by always setting a good example for participants and fans to follow, exemplifies the highest moral and ethical behavior; instructs participants in proper sportsmanship responsibilities and demands they make sportsmanship a high priority; respects judgment of contest officials, abides by rules of the event and displays no behavior that could incite fans; treats opposing coaches, participants, fans and media members with respect; develops and enforces penalties for participants who do not abide by sportsmanship standards; and develops a method to publicly recognize good sportsmanship.
- Reports contest results to League Statistician as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Hold a current and valid First Aid and CPR card
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Prior coaching experience preferred
If you need help with the online process please call (206) 236-3318 or use the District Job Kiosk in the District Administration Building located at 4160 86 th Ave SE, Mercer Island.The stipend amounts listed are from the 2019-20 coach salary schedule and will be updated for 2020-21 if changes occur.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Contact Information
- Rosie Burns
- 4160 86th Avenue SE
- Mercer Island, Washington 98040