To supervise, schedule and perform maintenance for swimming programs at Clemens Community Pool. Participates in active surveillance, risk management, emergency preparedness, and maintenance duties. Responsible to Supervisor and Aquatic Director.QUALIFICATIONS:
Must hold current certifications in:
- Must be 16 years of age or older
- Red Cross CPR/PR, First Aid
- Red Cross Lifeguard Training
- Complete annual SafeSchools online training
- Must complete orientation and work two shadow shifts to complete hiring.
Duties include the following:
- Be an alert, safety conscious and professional lifeguard
- Enforce all rules and policies of the swimming pool; troubleshoot risk areas
- Renders first aid and artificial respiration as required. Uses training and certification in AED operation to implement life-saving procedures.
- Attend all in-service trainings and staff meetings
- Assist in public relations and advertising
- Complete assigned maintenance and surveillance tasks assigned each shift
- Maintain, clean and complete equipment checks
- Responsible for keeping certifications and lifeguarding rescue knowledge and fitness up to date.
- May assist with registration of swim classes.
- Act as a cashier for patrons
- Conduct opening and closing procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Bill Mancuso
- 1620 Applegate Street
- Philomath, Oregon 97370