Dorchester County Public Schools
is currently accepting applications for School Social Workers
. Working under the direction of the school principal and the content supervisor, this position works with students in decision making, interpersonal development, and academic growth by providing the strategies, resources, and instruction to enable each student to meet the demands of the Maryland College and Career Readiness Standards. Social Workers support student's success in school by providing direct clinical case management services to students and their families; developing and managing the school based mental health partnerships; and providing consultative services to DCPS staff and parents. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides integrated, coordinated clinical case management services.
- Assesses student and family dynamics as related to school success.
- Participates in student services teaming and administrative meetings.
- Provides consultative and crisis management services for schools.
- Maintains case documentation.
- Advocates for children and families within the school setting and with outside agencies.
- Collaborates with community agencies to foster student success
- Identifies and develops resources and services to meet community needs.
- Facilitates effective delivery of on-site resources and services.
- Participates in local/county organizations, representing the Community Agency School Services program goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Principal or Supervisor of Student Services.
- Reacts to change productively and performs other duties as assigned.
Job Category: Student Services > Social Worker Welcome to Dorchester County Public Schools!
Apply online: https://dcps.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx Dorchester County, Maryland, is the Eastern Shore's largest county with 593 square miles of land and 108 square miles of water located on the shores of the Chesapeake Bay. While the county is home to more than 750 businesses, it is also rich in recreational facilities and natural resources. The Dorchester County Public School system provides the educational foundation for the county's children. Highlights of the DCPS System are: There are 12 schools: two high schools, a career and technology center, two middle schools, six elementary schools and a pre-kindergarten through 8th grade school. There are approximately 5000 students in the district. High schools offer a full College preparatory curriculum as well as options in occupational skills. The Dorchester Career and Technology Center receives students from both high schools and offers programs in Culinary Arts , Masonry, Carpentry, Electricity, HVAC, Collision Repair and Refinishing, Welding, Agriculture, Medium and Heavy Truck, Auto Technology, Cosmetology, Homeland Security, Cisco Academy, Interactive Media Production, Teacher Academy and Medical Services. IBM-compatible computers are used throughout the system in individual classrooms as well as strategically placed computer labs. There are courses in Technology Simulations, Keyboarding, Computer Applications, and Computerized Accounting. Every classroom has access to the Microsoft Office Products as well as to the Internet. The Dual Enrollment Program with Chesapeake College and University of Maryland Eastern Shore offers the opportunity for the students who wish to get started on their college credits. Family Support Services Resource Center for Families and Schools is designed to support children with disabilities from birth to 21. The center provides the skills and knowledge to enable families and children to understand the Special Education process. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Jeff Grafton, Human Resources Administrator
- 700 Glasgow Street
- Cambridge, Maryland 21613
- Phone: (410) 228-4747
- Fax: 410-221-5269
- Email: click here