Full-Time and Permanent; Non-Exempt; 7 Hours/Day; 182 Days/Year; 10 Months/Year; Grade: DDGeneral Responsibilities
This position is responsible for working with students who have been assigned to in-school suspension; to include working with administrators and teachers to coordinate the academic activities of suspended students. The successful candidate is also responsible for assisting students in completing their assigned work. The incumbent is expected to counsel students and maintain order and discipline within the in-school suspension room/center. The work of the In-School Suspension Assistant is reviewed by the principal in terms of the school's goals and objectives. Education and Experience
Requires a high school diploma and a minimum of 48-60 hours of college level course work or has successfully completed the PARAPRO test with a score of 455 or better. Requires at least one year of experience with children and 2-3 years of customer service experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Essential Job Functions
- Explains and enforces strict adherence to the regulations and procedures of in-school suspension policies.
- Provides assistance to students to ensure they are completing the assigned work during in-school suspension.
- Counsels students concerning the impact of their actions.
- Obtains student assignments, textbooks, and materials.
- Maintains and reports daily attendance and records assignment completion status of students required to attend in school suspension.
- Provides assistance to students as needed.
- Submits completed student work to appropriate teachers.
- Assigns additional work if students complete required assignments before the end of the designated time.
- Collects parental notification forms.
- Confers with appropriate school personnel concerning the progress of students.
- Prepares a release for students who complete in-school suspension.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Amanda Schilling
- 800 E. City Hall Ave
- Norfolk, Virginia 23510