IC Imagine Public Charter School in Asheville is looking for a responsible and reliable School Bus Driver to transport students to and from school following a scheduled route and ensuring the safety of all. The School Bus Driver's responsibilities include ensuring proper vehicle maintenance, observing safety and traffic rules, and maintaining order among students while they are on the bus.
To be successful as a School Bus Driver you should enjoy working with children and strictly observe passenger transport regulations. Ultimately, a top-notch School Bus Driver should be meticulous when it comes to vehicle inspections and regard passenger safety as the highest priority.
This position will work a minimum of 20 hours a week, driving students daily to and from community stops and school. The hours would be 6:00-8:00am and 2:45-4:45pm each day. Extra hours may become available as the school needs. This is an hourly part-time position and will not include any benefits.
School Bus Driver Responsibilities:
- Being attentive to traffic and weather conditions and ensuring passenger safety.
- Following the planned route and schedule for departure times and stops.
- Regularly checking vehicle safety such as tires, brakes, turn signals, mechanical equipment, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting fuel consumption, mileage, and passenger numbers.
- Reporting delays, accidents, and emergencies.
- Responding to emergency and non-emergency situations.
- Inspecting the vehicle thoroughly before and after each trip.
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of the bus when required.
- Enforcing conduct and safety rules on the bus.
- Maintaining a clean vehicle.
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Laura Townley
- 110 Champion Way
- Asheville, North Carolina 28806