This posting creates a pool of candidates for future positions that may become available. TitleTitle Code
Curriculum and Instruction
191-DayReports To (title only)Current as of
Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
AACPS Triple E initiative embraces an engaging and meaningful instructional platform. Through Project-Based Learning (PBL), the teachers provide transdisciplinary lessons that are authentic. Teachers become facilitators of learning as student choice is recognized in teaching and learning that actively explores real-world problems and challenges. Instructional practices are rigorous, relevant, and motivating.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Provides PBL instruction
2. Includes transdisciplinary connections in instructional design
3. Utilizes integrated technology/web-based resources to excite and extend learning
4. Attends and actively participates in system-based professional development to stay current with trends, STEM research and methodology in instructional techniques, technology, multicultural content, technology, problem solving, transdisciplinary learning/interdisciplinary connections, and student-led educational platforms.
5. Collection and analysis of data to inform program evaluation
6. Maintains good public relations with grade level colleagues/community partners
7. Performs other duties as assigned by supervisorMinimum Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .Education
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or universityExperience
• Three (3) years of successful classroom teaching experience or experience in a related fieldKnowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of school organization, goals and objectives with special emphasis on teacher techniques.
• Demonstrated leadership qualities as a member of a school staff/office.
• Ability to employ a variety of teaching styles to respond to the needs of diverse learners.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with professional colleagues, staff, students and parents.
• Knowledgeable about specific content area.
• Technology Savvy; including understanding the functionality of google-based products/
• Ability to employ business technology tools (e.g. E-mail, AACPS Intranet, electronic benefits enrollment tools, Microsoft Office Suite, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with diverse populations.Licenses/Certifications
• Teacher certification in identified language field/general education as established by the Maryland State Department of Education or certification in a related educational fieldCareer Ladder Requirements
• N/APhysical Requirements
• As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.Established: 5/1/2015
Job Category: Special Education > Early Essential Education Welcome to Anne Arundel County Public Schools!
Anne Arundel County Public Schools (AACPS) provides a challenging and rewarding educational experience for every child. We offer a comprehensive system-wide multicultural curriculum from kindergarten through 12th grade. At every level, the focus is on success for every student. Quality instruction, combined with teacher commitment, provides excellence in our instructional programs. Explore career opportunities with a progressive school system dedicated to providing the very best services to our students, our educators, and our community. Located on the magnificent Chesapeake Bay, Anne Arundel County is conveniently located near the cities of Baltimore and Washington, D.C., and is home to the state capitol, Annapolis, which has a rich historical past. Notable landmarks include the United State Naval Academy, Fort George G. Meade, the National Security Agency, and Baltimore Washington International Airport. The county encompasses urban, suburban, and rural areas, with 432 miles of tidal shoreline. Fine dining, state parks, major cultural attractions, the best in entertainment and professional sports are within easy access to our central location.
AACPS offers: Competitive Salary and Benefits Outstanding Right Start Mentor Program for New Teachers Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education Opportunities for Advancement in the Education Field Exemplary Special Education Programs Rigorous Advanced Placement Coursework for Students Learn more about us... Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 2644 Riva Road
- Annapolis, Maryland 21401
- Phone: 410-222-5061
- Fax: 443-458-0134
- Email: click here