FALL RIVER PUBLIC SCHOOLS
The mission of the Fall River Public Schools is to provide a quality education so that all students will attain their fullest potential and become responsible members of society. We are committed to providing quality teaching and learning in a respectful, safe, healthy, and supportive environment that links students, parents, and staff in a community of lifelong learners and capable problem solvers.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
- Elementary Level Per Diem Substitute Teachers
- Middle School Per Diem Level Substitute Teachers
- High School Per Diem Level Substitute Teachers
- Manage student learning in accordance with the goals of the Fall River Public School District
- Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate.
- Organize students for effective instruction.
- Ensures the adequate supervision to assure health, welfare, and safety of all students.
- Maintains and respects confidentiality of student and school personnel information.
- Complies with and supports school and District regulations and policies.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and have the ability to establish effective working relationships with staff and students
- Ability to maintain effective classroom management strategies.
- Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with District policies and practices.
- 60 College Credits (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Candidates seeking a career in education are preferred
The Fall River Public School District is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Equal Opportunity Employer
Fall River Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Megan Souza
- 417 Rock Street
- Fall River, MA 02720
- Fall River, Massachusetts 02720