District Systems Administrator
Start Date: Immediately
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems
- Minimum of two year's experience in a similar role; certifications will be considered
- Experience in educational environment preferred
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned
- Administer the following systems: Microsoft Active Directory (file and print sharing, user accounts, group policy, system updates, etc.), vSphere, Google G Suite, firewall, content filtering, network services and security, web services, helpdesk system, system images for windows computers, systems configuration and mobile device management.
- Recommend, install, test, schedule, repair and deploy new systems, system images, applications, updates, and patches as required.
- Monitor system resources including network bandwidth, database integrity, CPU usage, disk usage, backup systems, event logs, and response times in order to maintain operating efficiency.
- Assist in developing long-term strategies and capacity planning for meeting future hardware and network technology needs.
- When appropriate, automate administrative functions and integrate systems to reduce time spent on repetitive tasks.
- Perform network and security audits, system backup and recovery.
- Assist in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery planning, maintain current knowledge of plan executables, and respond to crises appropriately
- Maintain system documentation and logs.
- Establish and maintain regular communication with local district Technology Director to coordinate projects, tasks, etc.
Reports to: Director of Technology Services
Terms of Employment: In accordance with the Board Policy
Date Posted: January 7, 2020
Application Deadline: Open until position is filledEqual Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Lynda Hurlow
- 711 St. Joseph Avenue
- Berrien Springs, Michigan 49103