Position is responsible for servicing and repairing automobiles, buses, trucks and other motorized equipment to include preventive maintenance and component repair or overhaul. Essential Duties
Services and repairs automobiles, buses, trucks and other motorized equipment to include servicing, preventive maintenance, and component repair or overhaul.Performs road test on vehicles after repair.Performs basic diagnostic testing as necessary.Perform standby duty for a week on a rotating schedule.Performs legible documentation of repairs on work orders.Performs vehicle refueling and routine service.Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Completion of a standard high school, trade or vocational school course(s); or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
- Considerable experience in repairing automotive, medium truck, or school bus equipment in a general garage or automotive service station.
- Considerable knowledge of standard practices and equipment of the automotive mechanic trade; knowledge of the principles of operation of gasoline and diesel engines and of mechanical repairs on buses and vehicles.
- Knowledge of air brake systems, suspension and steering and electrical/electronic systems.
- Valid Virginia Commercial Driver's License (CDL with P and S endorsement).
- ASE certification and State Vehicle Inspector's certification desired, but not mandatory.
- Must possess a sufficient amount of everyday hand tools applicable to medium duty trucks and automobiles.
For a complete job description visit http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/Auto_Mechanic_I.pdf
Job Categories: Career Education > Automotive Body Repair
Career Education > Automotive Mechanics
Career Education > Industrial Mechanics Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Leslie Rogers, Human Resource Supervisor
- 12507 Warwick Boulevard
- Newport News, Virginia 23606