Class Code: 8945JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Substitute Bus Monitor
Responsible To: Director of Transportation
Basic Function: Assist school bus driver in maintaining discipline while bus is in operation; maintain proper records and documentation; assist student loading, unloading and seating arrangements as required.Performance Responsibilities:
Assists the bus driver in maintaining discipline on school bus; monitors and assists students while bus is in operation; maintains proper seating arrangements.Consults with and assists bus driver in documentation of student information, record-keeping and completing route surveys.Assists driver in assuring seat belts, harnesses and wheel chair clamps are secured as required.Assists parents and school personnel with safe loading and unloading of students; coordinates seating of pre-kindergarten students as required by State Transportation Guidelines.Communicates with classroom aides, teachers, principals, and parents concerning student background, medical problems and behavior as appropriate.Maintains current knowledge of Emergency Evacuation procedures; assists driver in emergency situations.Operates lift system, assists handicapped children on and off the bus and escorts children across street upon return home; lifts children as required; assures responsible adult meets students leaving the bus.Attends in-service meetings and training courses as assigned.Performs related duties as assigned. Knowledge of:
- Safe practices concerning school bus transportation.
- Basic record-keeping techniques.
- Applicable sections of the KAR and other applicable laws.
- Health and safety regulations.
- Maintain proper records and documentation.
- Assist student loading, unloading and seating arrangements as required.
- Understand and relate to children with special needs.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Lift students according to established guidelines.
- Maintain current knowledge of Emergency Evacuation procedures.
- Maintain routine records.
- Observe routine records.
- Observe health and safety regulations.
Terms of Employment:
- Any combination equivalent to: high school diploma, GED certificate or demonstrated progress toward obtaining a GED as required by Kentucky law.
Salary and work year to be established by the board of education.Evaluation:
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of board policy for classified personnel.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Supervisory Aide
Support Staff > Transportation Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Andy Plank
- 211 W. Water Street
- Flemingsburg, Kentucky 41041