Before and After School Care Instructor AssistantEDUStaff, LLC
4120 Brockton DR, Suite 200
Grand Rapids, MI 49512
This is a contract position posted by EDUStaff and leased to Saline Area Schools JOB TITLE:
Before and After School Care Instructor AssistantREPORTS TO:
Before and After School Care Head Instructor JOB GOAL:
To provide quality care and an enriching learning experience for the children enrolled in the program. COMMITMENT:
To promote and model integrity and excellence as the cornerstones of Saline Community Education. The practice of integrity requires at all times that we do the right thing. The delivery of excellence demands that we recognize that even the best service can always be improved. PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan a variety of daily activities to help children develop physically, mentally, emotionally and socially.
- Interact with children in a way that shows respect and helps build the child's self-esteem.
- Supervise the children to ensure a safe, secure and comfortable environment for all participants.
- Comply with local, state and federal laws as well as district policy and regulations related to programs.
- Operate the copy machine, computers and other equipment as needed.
- Light lifting may be required.
- Keep the equipment and facilities clean and organized.
- Answer the phone, accept checks, register children and perform other organizational duties needed to maintain successful operation of the program.
- Participate in the program and department problem-solving and/or decision-making process.
- Serve as a "good will" ambassador to the public for the program, the Community Education Department and the Saline Area Schools.
- Remain abreast of current trends, knowledge and attitudes affecting childcare and Before and After School Care programs.
- Perform other tasks and duties related to the program as assigned or appropriate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills
- Successful experience in supervising youth, including kindness, patience and good discipline skills
- Personal qualilties: Dependable attendance; courtesy and tact; punctuality; flexibility
- Ability to receive clearance on a State Police background check
- Nonsmoker at worksite
- Hours to be set by the employer - 4 days per week.
- Performance will be evaluatated in accordance with Board of Education policy.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > After School Programs Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Curt Ellis
- 7265 Saline Ann Arbor Rd
- Saline, Michigan 48176