ABOUT OUR DISTRICT:
The Syracuse City School District is undergoing a new phase of innovation and transformation with the goal of ensuring that all students graduate high school with the skills needed to be ready for college and career. For Syracuse, all means all - including students who fall behind or have been considered "hard to serve" for a host of reasons. The School Board and Syracuse community have charged Superintendent Jaime Alicea with improving student achievement, and he is seeking a dedicated team of school leaders and teachers to partner with him in moving the district toward its goals. The Syracuse City School District represents 34 schools and 4 alternative education programs, serving 21,000+ students Pre-K-12 of whom 82% qualify for free or reduced price lunch, 20% are served by the Office of Special Education and 77% are students of color.LOCATION:WORKING HOURS:
- This position will work 40 hours per week, 10 months per year. This position is full-time.
- The salary for this position is to be determined per the Unit 11 contractual agreement.
- To be considered, you must meet the Civil Service minimum qualifications for the title of School Recreation Supervisor.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a fingerprint-based background check, at the cost of $99.00 to the candidate.
- City Residents are encouraged to apply!
Job Categories: Athletics & Activities > After School Programs
Seasonal/Other Opportunities > Summer Camps/Programs Equal Opportunity Employer
Syracuse City School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Bridget Kemp
- 725 Harrison Street
- Syracuse, New York 13210