Job Class Code: 5110/8003JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: ASSISTANT COACH
Responsible To: Principal
Basic Function: Assist coaches in various secondary, middle or elementary school
athletic programs.Performance Responsibilities:
Assist coaches in daily and long-range athletic activities.Assist coaches in planning the athletic program.Conduct learning experiences under the direction of the head coaches, with small groups of student athletes.Assist coaches in guiding participants toward a harmonious team spirit.Assist in providing escort assistance and supervision to athletes during period of team travel. Recommend to the head coach the purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate for the health, safety and welfare of student athletes. Perform other non-coaching duties assigned by the principal, athletic director or head coach. Knowledge of:
Ability to:Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of various sports.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations and policies.
- Lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Job Category: Athletics & Activities > Coaching Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Andy Plank
- 211 W. Water Street
- Flemingsburg, Kentucky 41041