Part-Time Food Service Assistant Position Purpose
To assist in preparing and serving food, maintaining an orderly and safe atmosphere in the cafeteria and assisting in the cleaning of kitchen supplies after lunches conclude. Essential Functions:
- Assists in the safe preparation and serving of food.
- Assists with the cleaning and sanitizing of equipment and facilities after lunch.
- Assists in supervising students in the cafeteria during mealtime.
- Assists in making sure that tables and surrounding areas are clean.
- Assists students with orderly food purchases, distribution of food, disposal of food waste, and return of trays and utensils.
- Ensures that students remain seated in assigned areas throughout their time in the cafeteria.
- Other duties as assigned.
The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards:
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Effective organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to maintain composure and perform responsibilities under pressure.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.Ability to maintain confidentiality about students in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and district guidelines.
Terms of Employment:
- Exemplary, regular and predictable attendance is essential in this position.
- Standing & walking on hard-surface floors for most of the work shift is expected.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Works in standard school environment.
- Part-time, (approx. 3 hours per day 5 days per week).
- Rate of pay $10.06 - $10.59 depending upon experience.
Successful prior experience working as a lunch or food service aide, preferably in a school district or with children. Ability to provide own transportation. FLSA Status:
Job Category: Support Staff > Food Service Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Curt Ellis
- 7265 Saline Ann Arbor Rd
- Saline, Michigan 48176