Plan and instruct students in special classes and/or plan and modify instruction for students in general education classes. Evaluate and monitor student progress on a regular on-going basis. MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
Valid Arizona Special Education Certificate with required endorsement is required. Structured English Immersion (SEI) endorsement posted on certificate. Valid Arizona IVP Fingerprint Card. Valid Arizona driver's license in good standing (For homebound services, if needed). REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
Special Education Certification. Excellent interpersonal skills. Effective behavior management skills. Ability to effectively use computer, e-mail, word, excel, web-based programs, and use of educational classroom technology. PREFERRED :
Experience with the Tohono O'odham Culture. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS THE LIST OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS IS NOT EXHAUSTIVE AND MAY BE SUPPLEMENTED.
- Provide individualized instruction in accordance with student IEPs
- Work with and train general education teachers and staff to implement IEPs.
- Schedule and attend all IEP and MET meetings
- Assess students, gather and report data for IEP and MET determinations
- Develop and implement IEP services in conformity with state and federal laws
- Ensure implementation of IEP including accommodations and behavior plans in the general education program
- Effective monitoring of your caseload to ensure overall compliance for IEPs and METs
- Monitor students progress in the general education program and make referrals and recommendations as needed
- Complete all IEPs, PWNs, meeting notices, meeting notes, and any other required documents for ESS students; submit in a timely manner to be filed in student's permanent file
- Promote communication and rapport with parents, students, staff and administration
- Attend staff meetings, and professional development
- Observe the behavior of children in the classroom and on the playground.
- May monitor the activities of a teacher assistant and classroom volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Order classroom supplies and instructional materials. MENTAL TASKS
Communicates - verbally and in writing. Reads. Analyze and evaluate student progress and course curriculum. Develop, implement and evaluate plans. Manages classroom. Promotes learning and ensures safety. Perform functions from written and oral instructions and from observing and listening to others. Evaluate written materials to include written assignments and tests. PHYSICAL TASKS
Work involves the performance of duties where physical exertion is not normally required to perform all aspects of the job. Assistance is available as required to perform physically demanding tasks. Work involves sitting for extended periods of time, requires moving from one location to another, reaching, stooping, bending, and holding and grasping objects. Visual weakness must not prohibit the performance of assigned duties. Verbal communicative ability may be required of public contact positions. EQUIPMENT, AIDS, TOOLS, MATERIALS
Uses whiteboard, bulletin board, instructional or office equipment, such as telephones, computers, copier and associated classroom technology. WORKING CONDITIONS
Indoor - classroom environment. Outdoor - all weather conditions and temperatures. Contact with the public, employees, students, and parents. CONTROL, SUPERVISION
Monitor control of students, volunteers and/or assistants in the classroom, playground, field-trips, lunchroom, library, school buses, and other areas. OTHER INFORMATION REQUIRED
Candidates called for an interview will be required to submit a portfolio with "Academic Achievement Data" (e.g. AIMS, DIBELS, Galileo, etc.) for the past two years. FUNDING :
Varies funding sources ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
The Baboquivari Unified School District is an Equal Opportunity/Voluntary Affirmative Action Employer.
- New Teacher Induction
- Differentiated Professional Development
- Commuter Bus from Tucson
- Affordable Teacher Housing, if available
- Employee Medical Insurance
The Baboquivari Unified School District does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion/religious beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or national origin.
Additional information on the District's "Non-Discrimination Policy" can be view online at:https://drive.google.com/file/ d/1Mvr1O8G_Vy78ObFNRvdB_BoN2- beile_/view
122110/Rev. 020515 Contact Information
- Darolyn Mease, HR Specialist
- Highway 86, Milepost 115.5
- PO Box 248
- Sells, Arizona 85634
- Phone: (520) 719-1200
- Fax: (520) 383-5441
- Email: click here