LOSD is no longer accepting applications for the 2019-20 school year. Applications completed on/after April 1, 2020 will be considered for the 2020-21 school year. Applicants must have a valid Oregon teaching license issued by the TSPC to substitute teach in our classrooms.Essential Job Functions
- Follow and maintain the professional standards and expectations required of all licensed teachers in Oregon.
- Demonstrate effective communication with building personnel, students and parents.
- Be responsible for obtaining room key, room location, lesson plans and information regarding general building procedures, from the designated representative.
- Implement lesson plans and daily routine information.
- Take attendance according to classroom and school procedures.
- Conduct the class in an orderly manner. Manage student behavior in accordance with established policies and/or guidelines.
- Carry out the lessons according to the teacher's plans and follow the routines for the class.
- Follow procedures for collecting and grading of papers.
- Leave a brief summary of the work completed during the substitute assignment.
- Leave a record of work assigned to students and any assignments collected from students.
The person employed for this position must be able to verify identity and employment authorization, provide proof of licensure and complete a pre-employment record check. Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lake Oswego School District is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations in employment and school district programs. Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be provided in recruiting, hiring, retaining, transferring, promoting and training of all employees regardless of the individual's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age or disability.
It is the Lake Oswego School District's policy to provide veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law. Applicants who are veterans will need to provide certification of eligibility for preference, in addition to other requested materials. Lake Oswego School District is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace
Job Category: Instructional Support > Substitute Contact Information
- Eric Dottarar
- 2455 SW Country Club Road
- Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034