Position: Custodial Substitutes Overview:
To clean and maintain assigned areas, including the grounds immediately surrounding the building. Job Functions
• Clean and sanitize restrooms.
• Clean chalkboards and erasers.
• Empty garbage containers.
• Change light bulbs.
• Wash various surfaces.
• Clean and maintain grounds and stadiums.
• Distribute and replenish supplies.
• Sweep, vacuum, mop and dust classrooms, halls, offices, and other spaces within a building.
• Clean windows and walls.
• Clean carpets, scrub and finish floors.
• Pick up litter and trash inside and outside the building.
• Secure building, if appropriate.
• Minor maintenance functions: plumbing, carpentry, painting, etc.
• Prepare for special activities; arrange seating, cleanup after activities.
• Change furnace filters.
• Lubricate equipment.
• Other duties as assigned. Training and Experience:
Custodial and light maintenance experience required . Knowledge of carpet care, cleaning equipment, and hard surface floor cleaning preferred. Child Abuse Prevention and Bloodborne pathogens training required (can be accomplished after selection). Special Requirements:
The person employed for this position must be able to verify identity and employment authorization. The candidate selected for this position must complete a pre-employment record check and be approved by the State Department of Education after having a Fingerprint-Based Criminal History Verification made. The selected candidate will pay $10-$20 for a set of fingerprints and $59.00 for the verification check. Equal Opportunity Employer
The Lake Oswego School District is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable state and federal statutes and regulations in employment and school district programs. Equal employment opportunity and treatment shall be provided in recruiting, hiring, retaining, transferring, promoting and training of all employees regardless of the individual's race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age or disability. It is the Lake Oswego School District's policy to provide veterans and disabled veterans with preference as required by law. Applicants who are veterans will need to provide certification of eligibility for preference, in addition to other requested materials. Lake Oswego School District is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Eric Dottarar
- 2455 SW Country Club Road
- Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034