Position Status: TiersTemporary Status- Non Benefited: Tier 3
Daily Hours Vary
Salary Range A -(12.00 )Non-Benefited-Health Insured: Tier 2
6.5 Daily Hours
Salary Range E (14.00)Benefited: Tier 1
8 Daily Hours
Salary Range E (14.00 )Working Calendar:
Depending on route and scheduleRequired:
High School Diploma or equivalent
Three Professional References
AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance Card
ADOT Commercial Driver's License (CDL) Must meet minimum age (21) requirement for CDL testing Bus Driver
The job of Bus Driver is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the educational process with specific responsibilities for transporting students over scheduled routes and/or to/from special excursions; ensuring vehicle is in safe operating condition; and ensuring safety of students during transport, loading and unloading from buses.
This job reports to Operations Manager
- Advises students and other passengers of appropriate behavior for the purpose of reinforcing established guidelines and maintaining passenger safety.
- Assesses incidents, complaints, accidents and/or potential emergency situations (e.g. road hazards, medical emergencies, accidents, etc.) for the purpose of resolving and/or recommending a resolution to the situation.
- Assists students and other passengers for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from buses during normal transport and emergency situations.
- Attends unit meetings, in-service training, workshops, etc. (e.g. Safety Classes, etc.) for the purpose of gathering information required to perform job functions.
- Cleans assigned vehicles, both interior and exterior for the purpose of ensuring safety, appearance, and sanitation of vehicle.
- Conducts emergency evacuation drills for the purpose of ensuring efficiency of procedures and complying with mandated requirements.
- Drives school bus/s for the purpose of transporting passengers over scheduled routes to and from school and/or field trips in a safe and timely manner.
- Fuels vehicle (e.g. oil, water, fuel, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining vehicle in a safe operating condition.
- Informs other school personnel and parents of events, policies and/or practices (e.g. scheduled stops, established routes, route conditions, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or clarification of procedures.
- Monitors and trains students and other passengers during transit for the purpose of ensuring the safe transportation of all passengers.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections (e.g. fluid levels, tire pressure, exterior condition, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the safe operating condition of the vehicle and complying with mandated guidelines.
- Prepares reports and/or other standardized documents (e.g. field trips reports, incident reports, inspections records, passenger misconduct form, mileage logs, student counts, routing information, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, conveying information, and/or complying with established guidelines.
- Reports observations and/or incidents (e.g. discipline, accidents, inappropriate social behavior, etc.) for the purpose of communicating information to appropriate personnel for their action.
- Responds to inquiries from students, parents, and/or staff for the purpose of providing the necessary information regarding transportation services.
- Wears proper clothing in accordance with the published Yuma Schools Transportation Center Appearance and Dress Code for the purpose of representing the District in approved work attire.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work unit.
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a need to occasionally upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skill based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: administering first aid; applying pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; operating district vehicles, fire extinguisher, two-way radio, and standard office equipment; preparing and maintaining accurate records; and adhering to safety practices.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and analyze situations to define issues and draw conclusions. Specific knowledge based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: emergency evacuation techniques; area streets and locations; basic vehicle maintenance; first aid; health standards and hazards; pertinent codes, policies, regulations and/or laws; safe driving practices; safety practices and procedures; two way radio communication; and utilizing wheelchairs, tie downs, child safety seats, lifts, etc. (by assignment).
ABILITY is required to schedule activities; gather and/or collate data; and use job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others in a wide variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing specific, defined processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a significant diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with specific, job-related data; and utilize a variety of job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans. Problem solving with data requires following prescribed guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: being attentive to detail; communicating with diverse groups including school age riders; displaying tact and courtesy; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships; exercising sound judgment; maintaining an understanding of the special needs of students and their parents; maintaining confidentiality; and working with constant distractions.
Responsibilities include: working under limited supervision following standardized practices and/or methods; providing information and/or advising others; operating within a defined budget. utilization of some resources from other work units may be required to perform the job's functions. There is a continual opportunity to significantly impact the organization's services.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job's functions require the following physical demands: occasional lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling, some climbing and balancing, some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling and significant fine finger dexterity. Generally the job requires 80% sitting, 10% walking, and 10% standing. The job is performed under some temperature extremes and under conditions with some exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
Experience Job related experience is required.
Education High school diploma or equivalent.
Equivalency Required Testing Certificates Bus Driver's Certificate
Continuing Educ./Training Clearances CPR Certificate Renewal
First Aid Certificate Renewal
Random Drug and Alcohol Testing
Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance
Pre-Placement Physical Capacities Test
FLSA Status Approval Date
Job Category: Support Staff > Transportation Contact Information
- Luciano Munoz
- 450 W 6TH ST
- Yuma, Arizona 853642973