Registered Nurses are invited to apply to be a substitute school nurse at Needham Public Schools. School nurses bridge healthcare and education, and provide evidence-based episodic care to all students from pre-K through grade 12. Substitute school nurses will gain valuable experience while learning about the dynamic field of school nursing, and will have the ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
The substitute school nurse is responsible for implementing the school health program in the absence of the permanent school nurse, and/or will be responsible for providing health services to students who are participating on a school sponsored field trip. Job Summary:
- Implements students' individualized health care plans as developed by staff school nurses
- Provides medication administration, episodic care to all students
- Responds to students' health needs
- Uses electronic health information system to document student encounters
- Communicates with parents, faculty, and medical providers as needed
- Adheres to the Nurse Practice Act, the guidlelines of care established by the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH), and works in accordance to the policies and procedures established by the Needham Public Schools
- Candidate must possess a current Massachusetts license to practice as a registered nurse
- Current BLS Healthcare Provider certification
All resumes will be screened and selected candidates will participate in a thorough interview process.Application Procedure:
Please apply online: www.generalasp.com/needham/onlineapp
Applications will be considered only when a cover letter, resume, three letters of recommendation, license and transcripts have been attached to your online application.
The Needham Public Schools does not discriminate against students, parents, employees or the general public on the basis of race, color, sex, homeless status, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age. In addition to the protected classes identified and in regard to employment practices, the Needham Public Schools also does not discriminate based on genetic information, ancestry or status as a veteran.
The Needham Public School System is a member of METCO, Developing Equity and Achievement for Students (IDEAS) and the Greater Boston School Human Resources Network. Candidates who have a strong commitment to active anti-racism are encouraged to apply.
Job Category: Student Services > School Nurse Equal Opportunity Employer
Needham Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Lisa Tedeschi, Assistant to the Superintendent of Human Resources
- 1330 Highland Avenue
- Needham, Massachusetts 02492