Continuous, as neededHours:
Monday - Friday
Hours vary 3 - 6 hours / day
Shift can range from 10:30 - 1:30 to 7:30 - 1:30
No guaranteed work days or hours. Depends on the needs of the department and the number of vacancies / absences.Salary:
Unit E Contract salary scaleJob Summary:
Substitute Cafeteria workers needed for Needham Public Schools. This is a great opportunity to work as a substitute with the possiblity of moving into one of several anticipated permanent openinings this year.
Required to perform all aspects of meal production, serving and clean-up within the school kitchen and cafeteria as assigned by the school Cafeteria Manager.
All Cafeteria Workers are hired into Needham Nutrition Service Department as Substitute Cafeteria Workers, regardless of previous experience.
This gives the new employee and the Nutrition Service staff a chance to get to know each other and what the job is really like.
When permanent positions become available, they are filled from the pool of Substitute Cafeteria Workers.Qualifications:
- prepare food / learn to prepare and serve food- in large quantities, using large kitchen equipment
- clean equipment, serving areas, handwash pots and pans, and other cleaning and sanitizing duties
- read basic English and follow directions
- perform all duties while following National Restaurant Association standards for sanitation and safety
- perform simple math functions
- lift 50 lbs.
- walk and stand for duration of work schedule
- work safely and accurately under a deadline
- follow direction and work independently
- work cooperatively with co-workers and contribute to a positive working environment
- safely tolerate exposure to heat, humidity, steam, cooking odors, refrigerator and freezer temperatures, and cleaning solutions
- work in a clean and sanitary manner
- have fun and display a positive attitude at work
- Food Service experience preferred, but not necessary
Ability to work on feet all day in non-air conditioned kitchen.
Need to keep hair restrained and wear vinyl or plastic gloves while handling food.Application Procedure:
All permanent positions are hired from the pool of cafeteria substitute workers working for Needham Public Schools.
Please apply online: www.generalasp.com/needham/onlineapp
Applications will be considered only when online application is complete.
The Needham Public Schools does not discriminate against students, parents, employees or the general public on the basis of race, color, sex, homeless status, gender identity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or age. In addition to the protected classes identified and in regard to employment practices, the Needham Public Schools also does not discriminate based on genetic information, ancestry or status as a veteran.
The Needham Public School System is a member of METCO, Developing Equity and Achievement for Students (IDEAS) and the Greater Boston School Human Resources Network. Candidates who have a strong commitment to active anti-racism are encouraged to apply.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Substitute
Support Staff > Food Service Equal Opportunity Employer
Needham Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Human Resources
- 1330 Highland Avenue
- Needham, Massachusetts 02492