Teacher: Paid a daily rate of $200/day for days worked.
Administrator: Paid a daily rate of $311.56/day for days worked.
Under direction of the school principal and/or appropriate supervisor, teaches and instructs students in academic subject matter, social, emotional, behavioral, and educational skill areas.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social and emotional development of individuals to ensure success for every student.
- Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Communicates and interacts with students and staff.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials and facilities.
Additionally, Per Diem teachers will:
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support and nurture the academic, social-emotional, and physical needs of all students.
- Be academic advocates for their students advising, mentoring and modeling appropriate habits of mind and deed use best practices in teaching.
- Create a personalized, rigorous, socially engaging school environment that will meet the needs of all students as they prepare for high school and beyond.
- Creates a classroom environment that provides for student involvement in the learning process and enables each student to achieve learning objectives
- Instructs students individually and in groups using various teaching methods such as lectures, discussions and demonstrations
- Adapts teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students? varying needs and interests
- Takes all necessary safety precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a positive learning environment in the classroom
- BA in applicable field from accredited institution.
- Any RIDE Certification
- Demonstrated proficiency with PC-based computer applications, Microsoft Office applications, email, Web applications, and industry-specific technology.
- Must understand and be willing to work within the parameters of an Aligned Instruction System, including teaching a unified curriculum.
- Selected candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment criminal history background check. Selected candidates cannot begin work until passing their background check.
- You must complete the new hire compliance training prior to your first day of employment
Job Category : Instructional Support > Substitute Employer Description
Providence Schools is an urban school district serving 24,000 children in Rhode Island's Capital City.
Providence Schools employs approximately 3,500 people; over 2,000 are certified teachers.
Contact Human Resources manager 401-456-9100 Ext. 11182 to answer any questions you may have. Learn more about us... Equal Opportunity Employer
Providence Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation. Contact Information
- Brenda Marquis
- 797 Westminster
- Providence, Rhode Island 02903