Position: One to One Paraprofessional - Special Needs, K-2 StudentsHours: 29.5 hours a weekLocation:
Stewart Elementary School, Lakeshore Public Schools, Stevensville, MI Qualifications:
Duties: Provide assistance to students with:
- High School graduate or equivalent. Associate's Degree or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced training in a field related to child care and/or a minimum of two years of experience as an aide or equivalent experience preferred.
- Getting in and out of the vehicle before/after school.
- Maneuvering wheelchair around the building.
- Being physically lifted in/out of wheelchair throughout the day.
- Diaper changes, toilet hygiene and clothing management.
- Unload/load backpack, using eating utensils, and opening containers.
- Organizing tasks and assignments.
- Dispensing and administering medication to students.
- Regular, predictable and punctual attendance.
- Providing positive feedback and encouragement.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with staff, students, parents, and community.
- Demonstrate understanding, patience and caring.
- Follow established policies/procedures (e.g. medical concerns, safety, student rights, emergency/disaster plan and so forth).
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to squat and kneel.
Beginning Date: Monday December 16 or As Soon As Possible Deadline for Application: December 11, 2019 or until filledTo Apply: Complete an online application at: https://ats4.searchsoft.net/ats/app_login?COMPANY_ID=JA000561 NON-DISCRIMINATION AND EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
- Certified teachers may apply for this position
The Board of Education does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, height, weight, marital status, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic, in its programs and activities, including employment opportunities.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Individual Aide
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Equal Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Julie Powell
- 5771 Cleveland Ave
- Stevensville, Michigan 49127