SUMMARY: Under the guidance of the HVAC lead or technicians, receive on-the-job training and learn the maintenance and repair of all district HVAC equipment. Perform basic preventative maintenance on HVAC systems. Respond to after hour emergencies and assist with snow removal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. With guidance and training from HVAC technicians, perform basic preventative maintenance on HVAC systems including, but not limited to split system cooling units, filter changes and coil cleaning to ensure proper equipment operation and air filtration.
2. Assist with analyzing, troubleshooting, installing, repairing, rebuilding, and replacing mechanical equipment such as, but not limited to, bearings, motors, heat exchanges, boilers, ventilating and air conditioning compressors, water and pneumatic valves, humidity control units, coolers, freezers, electrical and electro-pneumatic digital control systems and exhaust hoods.
3. Assist other building trade positions with general corrective and preventative maintenance
4. Perform snow removal, including after hours if needed. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Experience operating manual lifts preferred. Required within 3 months of hire.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Valid Colorado driver's license.
• Ability to successfully complete a pre-hire, post-offer physical examination.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees' previous work experience. "Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1.
Employees regularly scheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receive the district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in the Classified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible for benefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to work less than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees
whose employment is temporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified Master Agreement for more information.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
Job Category: Support Staff > Maintenance Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241