Position Starting: August 2020 QUALIFICATIONS
• An Associate's degree, OR completion of 48 semester hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or locally approved competency test.
• Background or experience in working with behaviorally disordered students helpful
• Regular work attendance is essential
• Must be able to lift 50 poundsOTHER INFORMATION
Reports to: Building Principal
Work Schedule: 183 days
Salary Schedule: $13.04 per hour (Based on 2019/2020 Salary Schedule)
Hours to Work: 6.5 hours per day, Monday - FridayRESPONSIBILITIES
• Ability to work with students on a one-to-one basis or in small group situations.
• Willingness to learn approved de-escalation and physical intervention techniques.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to the physical demands of this position.
• Ability to perform approved de-escalation and physical intervention techniques as directed by teacher.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Follow written and oral directions to carry out educational programs of students.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
NOTE: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Job Categories: Special Education > Behavior Specialist / EBD
Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Welcome to Omaha Public Schools!
WHY OMAHA? Omaha, nestled in the central mid-west has a strong and vibrant business community and the city is home to five Fortune 500 companies. In 2008, Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine named Omaha the nation's third best city to live, work and play. One voice united for strong economic growth, new jobs and investment, and widespread prosperity throughout Greater Omaha. GET TO KNOW GREATER OMAHA Welcome to a proud, progressive and vibrant metropolitan area, a nine-county region that is future-focused but firmly rooted in a heritage of hard work and hospitality. Anchored by the city of Omaha and its more than 419,000 people, the Greater Omaha region (Cass, Dodge, Douglas, Sarpy, Saunders and Washington counties in Nebraska, and Harrison, Mills and Pottawattamie counties in Iowa) boasts a combined population of more than 925,000 and a set of attributes that allows businesses large and small to thrive! Consider our top 10 reasons Greater Omaha is right for your business and you! 1.Lower cost of doing business 2.Available, reliable utilities 3.Educated, motivated and affordable workforce 4.Save on real estate costs 5.Lower cost of living 6.Omaha is the hub of the nation's fiber connectivity 7.Pro-business climate 8.Strategic, central location 9.Stable, healthy economy 10.Business incentives that reward performance Take a look at what Omaha has to offer! Learn more about us...Contact Information
- OPS Human Resources
- 3215 Cuming Street
- Omaha, Nebraska 68131-2021