RSM's unique approach develops critical thinking and has built excellence in math since 1997. Recently featured by NPR
and the Atlantic
magazine as one of the players in the "Math Revolution" and ranked one of the best schools in the world by the Johns Hopkins Center for Talented Youth, RSM helps children of all levels build a solid math foundation and develop their critical-thinking and problem-solving skills. For nearly two decades, RSM students have consistently achieved remarkable scores on standardized tests and in national and international math competitions, although attaining top test scores is just one of the benefits of our program. RSM helps students of all levels become more confident in math and develop a deeper understanding of the subject.
The Russian School of Mathematics is looking to hire Dean of Dtudents at our Winchester, MA location. The school is open from 3:30 pm to 8:30 pm on weekdays and 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekends.
Under the direction of the Principal, the Dean of Students serves as an instructional leader in the planning, coordination, and administration of the School activities and programs, including curriculum, instruction, assessment, student conduct and attendance, and the supervision and evaluation of the assigned personnel.
This position is also responsible for providing educational instruction to assigned students in a structured classroom environment designed to promote key critical reasoning skills as well as emotional and social growth.
As an RSM teacher and leader, the Dean of Students shares the RSM belief and mission to help all children build a solid foundation in math and logical reasoning, self-confidence, and a love of learning that will last throughout their lives.Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, management, evaluation and supervision of effective and clear procedures for the operation and functioning of the school consistent with the philosophy, mission, values and goals of RSM;
- Create programs and processes that drive academic excellence, quality of teaching, customer satisfaction and high morale among staff and students;
- Supervise the instructional programs of the school and observe classes (teaching, as duties allow) on a regular basis to encourage the use of the Russian School of Mathematics instructional strategies and materials;
- Assist the Principal in managing the school, in providing instructional leadership and to prepare and analyze enrollment trends;
- Trains other teachers in live or online classrooms introducing them to RSM culture, guiding them through RSM academic specifics, classroom management, and advising on their work with parents.
- Supervises the work of teachers
- Teach mathematics to students according to RSM methodology and curriculum.
- Ensure best results by following RSM methods of education and provide students with the tools and skills needed to strengthen their skills in mathematics.
- Create a safe environment, conducive to learning, and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Develop and deliver a lesson and adapt the curriculum to the needs of the students.
- Help students understand the structure of mathematics and develop mathematical competence.
- Ensure class management, class discipline, discuss individual progress of the students and respond to academic questions.
- Supervise, enforce rules for expectations and procedures to maintain order among students in class, and meet with other teachers.
- Identify student needs and cooperate with other professional staff members in helping student solve attitude and learning problems.
- Prepare, grade and administer tests, assignments, projects to evaluate each student's progress in the class.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades and other student records as required by company policy.
- Manage and oversee online homework sessions daily, address student comments and incoming emails.
- Communicate with parents by maintaining records of academic performance, attendance, social acclimation; discuss all elements of student development at parent-teacher conferences and through email.
- Work with parents and students to consistently and proactively to ensure enrollment in appropriate level for the next year
- Participate in group and individual trainings provided by RSM
Preferred Education Qualifications:
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Education, Engineering, Economics or related field
- Minimum two years of experience working in a school system or university settings
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Education, Engineering, Economics or related field
- Teaching experience for at least 1 year
- Exposure to or experience in other than U.S. models of Math Education is a plus
- Familiarity with Math Competitions
- Establish and maintain productive, collaborative relationships with others and relate to students with mutual respect while carrying out a positive and effective disciplinary program;
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to think critically and creatively;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for others.
- Excellent presentational skills;
- Must be able to become a model of standards of ethics, confidentiality, and professionalism;
- Ability to analyze and interpret assessment results for the purpose of designing and modifying instruction;
- Ability to create an environment where children from diverse backgrounds are comfortable and experience success; Excellent skills to build relationships with families;
- Proficient user of MS Office (MS Word; Excel, PPP).
RSM embraces diversity and is committed to attracting qualified candidates who also embrace and value diversity and inclusivity. RSM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Job Category : Administrator > Principal/Dean/Head of School Contact Information