This is a probationary position only for any external candidate. Internal Adams 12 candidates are encouraged to apply and the district will follow the transfer language as outlined in Article 12 of the Certified Master Agreement. Current Adams 12 educators, with questions about the transfer process or their status may contact Human Resources or your building administrator.
SUMMARY: A counselor will demonstrate skills and abilities to ensure the success of all students and promote an exemplary educational program which fosters achievement for all students.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
? Experience working with students individually or in integrated settings such as the regular classroom, team meetings, and in cooperation with classroom teachers.
? Demonstrated knowledge of child abuse, neglect, and child protection procedures, as well as ALP, 504, SST, and Special Education Referral process.
? Effective communicator, demonstrated skills in team building, conflict resolution, decision making, time management, safe school planning, and facilitation of psycho-educational counseling groups
? Knowledge and experience with academic advising, registration and scheduling.
? Counseling Comprehensive Guidance Program.
? Excellent communication skills in order to facilitate communication with all members of the community, special ed. team members, classroom teachers, students, parents and administrators.
? Demonstrated ability in providing differentiation, interventions and extensions for students.
? Effective collaboration with teammates.
? Demonstrated commitment to team work and systemic programs.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? Master?s degree or higher.
? Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Must possess or be able to obtain a Special Service Provider License with an endorsement in School Counseling (required license and endorsement according to ESSA ? Every Student Succeeds Act).
? Must possess, or be able to obtain, a valid Colorado Educator License within 30 days of hire
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE.
- The salary grade posted is the starting salary range for Bachelor's Step 1. Salary for position may vary based on education and experience.
- Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees' education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor (BA) step 1. If minimum qualifications are higher than a (BA), they will be placed at the initial requirement level for this position.
- After initial placement by the district on the salary schedule, the certified/licensed employee can provide the district additional official transcripts and/or documentation to support further salary advancement.
- Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of six (6) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Job Category: Student Services > School/Guidance Counselor Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241