- Minimum of two years of college equal to an Associates of Arts Degree or the successful completion of a Work Keys Competency Test.
- Adhere to the recommendations for paraprofessionals hiring requirements set by the Colorado Department of Education. Instructional paraprofessionals should possess specific skills and knowledge in reading, writing, mathematics, and instruction to serve in schools supported by Title 1, Part A funds. Ata minimum, instructional paraprofessionals should:
Possess a high school diploma or its equivalent (e.g., the GED); andDemonstrate subject matter competency by:Earning an Associates (or higher) degree, orCompleting at least two years (48 credit hours) of study at an institution of higher education,
Passing a formal assessment measuring one's knowledge of and ability to assist classroom
teachers in reading, writing, and mathematics.
- Demonstrate some computer skills.
- Ability to relate in a positive manner with students, parents and staff.
- Able to work cooperatively with adults, students, and community.
- Other qualifications specific to the school/job assigned.
Building Administration or Supervisor Designee
To work closely with students on a regular basis in an effort to provide students with physical help and
emotional support needed to gain full benefits from district progress.
- Assist students as needed with activities, equipment, moving from one place to another, and other appropriate tasks.
- With the supervision of the classroom teacher, support and accommodate students in curriculum tasks and usage of school technology while guiding and assisting them as needed.
- Assist individual students with simple errands and tasks.
- With the supervision of the classroom teacher, work with small groups to provide instructional support and reinforce material initially introduced by the classroom teacher.
- Monitoring and/or accompanying students to the office, school nurse, cafeteria or other places as necessary.
- Establish a professionally supportive genuine and trusting relationship with students.
- Serve as a resource person, if and when requested, to the intervention team regarding student progress and/or behavior.
- Implement undemanding tasks in an effort to assist students with their learning capabilities.
- Perform other tasks and responsibilities as Teacher and/or Building Administrator may assign.
- Dress professionally.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
Work days - salary and work year will be determined by the Trinidad School District #1 Board of
Education. Dress code should be of professional level for Trinidad School District #1 Teachers in order
to enhance professionalism with students, parents and community.
Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Trinidad School
District #1 Board of Education's policy on Evaluation of Support Services Personnel.
Job Categories: Instructional Support > Paraprofessional / IA
Special Education > Special Education Assistant Contact Information
- Scott Mader
- 612 Park St
- Trinidad, Colorado 81082