Position is responsible for monitoring on air and broadcast signals and ensuring the transmission meets government regulations and NNPS-TV's broadcast standards; setting up, scheduling and airing programs and program breaks on the program log; screening media from various sources for broadcast; monitoring and controlling transmitter output; maintaining transmitter logs; assisting with on-air promotion; and operating recording and scheduling hardware and software. Essential Duties
Ensures quality broadcast by monitoring on air and cable broadcast signals.Prepares and schedules educational and information programming for broadcast on NNPS-TV; verifies and ensures copyright compliance.Assist with emergency communications.Researches and selects educational and information programs for broadcast on NNPS-TV.Plans and prepares monthly program guide.Establishes and maintains the media library.Creates DVDs and USBs of educational and informational programming for public purchase; provides duplicating services of such formats. Stays abreast of new technology and trends in broadcasting, digital archives, editing, and hardware; and conducts research on the potential value to NNPS.Assists with office support, as needed.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.) Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities Required)
- Must possess a high school diploma (or GED) with experience in television operations or master control, or any equivalent combination of course work and work experience to provide the necessary knowledge and skills to adequately perform the duties of this position.
- Knowledge of related hardware and software is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, students, teachers and families.
- Position requires the ability to research, record and communicate information effectively.
For a complete job description visit http://sbo.nn.k12.va.us/hr/jobs/descriptions/TV_Master_Control_Operator.pdfEqual Opportunity Employer
0 Contact Information
- Leslie Rogers, Human Resource Supervisor
- 12507 Warwick Boulevard
- Newport News, Virginia 23606