SUMMARY: Serve as the primary health consultant and provide direct care necessary to support student health needs in the school setting, within the parameters of the Colorado Registered Nurse (RN) licensure. Identify health needs of students through appraisal, health histories, screening programs, observations, conferences with parents, health provider and school staff. Must be able to provide care to students, including medically fragile students independently; follow doctors? orders and health care plans; collaborate with other district RNs, school staff, physicians, and parents to provide high quality care for students with health and medical needs.
The RN will be able to provide direct care to students which may include, but not be limited to tracheotomy care, ventilator care, gastic tube feedings, and other complex medical care. The RN may be asked to do other duties as assigned. RN licensure required; SSP School Nurse CDE licensure required or the ability to obtain (BSN required).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Provide training, delegation according to the Nurse Practice Act, and supervision of staff in providing healthcare including, but not limited to standard precautions, infectious disease guidelines, medication administration, diabetes care, and seizure disorders.
2. Provide direct patient care including monitoring student health, administering medications, providing medically necessary procedures including, but not limited to bladder catheterization, gastric tube feeding, tracheotomy care, and ventilator care.
3. Provide medical expertise in schools; collaborate with health care providers, parents and school personnel to identify, develop and implement applicable Plans that mitigate health-related obstacles to learning.
4. Review student health questionnaires and updates; ensure student health records are in compliance with federal, state and district guidelines; coordinate vision and hearing screenings. Responsible for ensuring state reports are timely and accurate.
5. Maintain required licensures/certifications; attend all required meetings, trainings, and professional development as directed by the district supervisor. Keep abreast of best practices and develop and maintain the necessary skills.
6. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
? Graduation from an accredited program resulting in an RN licensure.
? Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a clinical health care setting, including gastrostomy feeding, bladder catheterization and tracheotomy care.
? Experience as a school nurse preferred
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
? Current Colorado RN License required.
? Appropriate Colorado Department of Education licensure/certification or the qualifications to obtain.
? Criminal background check required for hire.
? Ability to travel among district facilities.
? CPR/AED and healthcare provider certifications.
SALARY INFORMATION (FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES):
- The salary listed is for full time positions (1.0 FTE). This salary will be adjusted, as needed, based upon the FTE.
- The salary grade posted is the starting salary range for Bachelor's Step 1. Salary for position may vary based on education and experience.
- Salary placement on our Certified Salary schedule is dependent on the employees' education and/or work experience. Initial placement will be at bachelor (BA) step 1. If minimum qualifications are higher than a (BA), they will be placed at the initial requirement level for this position.
- After initial placement by the district on the salary schedule, the certified/licensed employee can provide the district additional official transcripts and/or documentation to support further salary advancement.
- Certified/licensed employees will be granted one (1) year for each full year of contractual and/or work experience up to a maximum of six (6) years, which includes in-district and out-of-district contractual teaching and/or work experience. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
- For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Certified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should list any and all work experience, including current district experience, when completing the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume, please take the time to fill out the online application as well. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimum qualifications required for each job, it is important to have a complete application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Job Category : Student Services > School Nurse Contact Information
- Nicole Stone
- 1500 E 128TH AVE
- Thornton, Colorado 80241