Vacancies for our after school program at Bethune and Magnet Traditional JOB SUMMARY :
This position involves the day-to-day supervision of the District's PEER (Before and After School) Program for children at the district schools. The job requires the ability to work flexible hours and serve in a cooperative capacity with thePrincipalsat the schools, the Program Director, and parents.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Additional duties may be assigned.
- Effectively utilizes district technologies appropriate to the position and assumes responsibility for attending district training needed to successfully perform designated responsibilities as directed by supervisor.
- Oversees the day-to-day operation of the Before and After-School Program. Also oversees the Summer and Holiday Enrichment Program. Program hours are 6:30 a.m.to school opening and school closing to 6:00 p.m. Summer and Holidayhours are to be determined, The Lead Instructional Assistant will work a total of eight hours per day to be determined by the Program Director.
- Provides support to school programs as needed and arranges for substitutes at sites as needed.
- Makes recommendations for employment of Instructional Assistants and other program employees when requested by the Principal.
- Implements enrichment program of a curricular and recreational growth nature for children at each of the school sites.
- Facilitates and/or conducts in-services and staff development activities for program employees.
- Recommends to Principal and Program Director and obtains appropriate furniture, supplies and materials to conduct the program at each school site.
- Provides parent information and/or parent workshops utilizing appropriate resources.
- Works with Building Principal to resolve parent concerns.
- Assists in fiscal management and record keeping for the program during the holidays and summer.
- Recommends budgets and program operational activities to the site Principalsand the Program Director.
- Completes other related duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- Continues professional growth through appropriate means.
Supervises children and employees in Before-and-After-School Program.QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Employment criteria includes possession of an Associates of Arts Degree or have earned two years (60 semester hours) of study from an institution of higher education.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate of Arts or 60 college credit hours as required according to No Child Left Behind (NCLB) January 8, 2002. Additional studies in elementary education or related area desirable.
- Five years experience in providing and/or supervising "Before and After School Programs" of an educational and recreational nature for children.
- Proven ability to work effectively with adult staff and/or parents, preferable in a supervisory capacity.
- Demonstrated skills in communication, both written and verbal. Bilingual (Spanish/English) desirable.
- Must have own transportation.
- Ability to read and interpret written information related to classroom instruction, as provided by teacher.
- Ability to write basic reports and general correspondences.
- Ability to effectively present information to administrators, staff, and the general public and respond to questions from administrators, staff, and the general public.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to work with individuals and groups of students to support behavior management, must have patience working with children, and follows written and oral directions and completes assignments given by the Program Director.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with students, peers, parents and staff members.
- Is self-directed, and work works without direct supervision.
Application of general math: fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions etc....PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear and sometimes walk and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may sometimes push or move up to 50 pounds, such as boxes, supplies, etc. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision such as to read handwritten or typed material, and the ability to adjust focus. The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands from several people and interact with the public and other staff.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed by this position. Additional duties may be assigned. This position requires a DPS Level One IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card. If selected for hire the following items will be required for your new hire appointment: Proof of your MMR vaccination Proof of a current negative TB skin test Proof of your pertussis vaccination 4 current letters of recommendation Official sealed transcripts showing the award of at least 60 college credits or an AA degree. This position is eligible for benefits. Learn more about our plans here: https://phxschools.org/careers/benefits/ Contact Information
- Jason Hammond
- 1817 N. 7th Street
- Phoenix, Arizona 85006