Beaumont independent school districtJob DescriptionJOB TITLE:
Head Assistant CustodianCLASSIFICATION:
Head CustodianPAY GRADE:
/ 226 DaysLOCATION:
Assists in the supervision of, along with the participation in, maintenance tasks necessary to maintain a high standard of safety, cleanliness and efficiency of building operations and grounds in high school.QUALIFICATIONS: Education/Certification:
- Ability to read and write and have communication skills necessary to converse with various types of persons.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the hazards and safety precautions of the work
- Organizational skills necessary to direct the efforts of skilled and unskilled custodial personnel
- Ability to analyze problems and affect the solution most favorable to the District
- Ability to follow and understand oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Prior experience with District preferred
Assist in the supervision of along with the participation of all phases of custodial tasks in assigned building including but not limited to the following: cleaning buildings and grounds, minor maintenance as required, organization, training, evaluation and morale of staff, security, operating building equipment, reporting needed repairs, compliance with health and safety standards, other related tasks.Periodically inspect completed jobs to insure adequacy.Accountable for supplies purchased or issued.Respond to afterhours emergencies as necessary involving assigned building.Responsible for meeting performance standards.Maintain a clean, safe, and well organized facility and work area.Perform scheduled and emergency repairs and/or maintenance, as directed.Always act in lead position unless otherwise instructed.Carry out all duties in accordance with BISD Board of Education policies and administrative regulations.Maintain a high personal standard in the following areas: attitude, cooperation, dependability, judgment, initiative, self-improvement, and as a role model for students. EQUIPMENT USED:
- Buffers, vacuum cleaners, water pick-up machines, carpet machine, and other tasks related tools and equipment.
Lead a staff of custodians engaged in cleaning and performing light maintenance work inside and outside buildings.WORKING CONDITIONS:Mental Demands
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Work with frequent interruptions
- Occasionally required to work nights or prolonged hours
- Heavy lifting with minimum floor to knuckle lift of 125 lbs.
- Substantial amount of walking, standing, kneeling, bending, climbing, and squatting; some shoveling
- Operation of a motor vehicle
- Work outside and inside; exposure to hot and cold temperatures and exposure to excessive humidity
- Exposure to a small amount of fumes from silicone, glues and adhesives, dust, noise, solvents, grease and oil
- Work with ladders, scaffolds, and personnel lifts
- Work around moving parts of machinery and electrical hazards
The above statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to the job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required.
The Beaumont Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, or sex in the educational programs or activities that it operates and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Categories: Administrator > Assistant Principal/Dean/Head
Support Staff > Custodian Contact Information
- Derwin Samuels
- 3395 Harrison Ave
- Beaumont, Texas 77706